Monday, October 3, 2011

In His Presence... part two

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:9-10

This verse is a beautiful verse, but what does it mean? If I rise on the wings of the dawn? If I settle on the far side of the sea? God's hand will guide me? God's hand will hold me fast? This verse says to me that God will never let me go. I can always choose to be in his presence. Yes, you heard right, if I CHOOSE. We have a choice. God does not make us do any thing. We choose if we want to obey him. We choose if we want to be in his presence. We choose, if we read our bible. But God wants us so bad. He is trying to get our attention. But when judgement time comes, it is to late. He is whispering to us. Are we listening? We have to choose to be in his presence before we can be in his presence. You might go into a room where people are experiencing the presence of God, but you won't know.

Once you choose him, you can be in his presence, you can feel it. You can experience it, you can even see it. You can hear it, you can smell it. My Dad had said a couple weeks ago that he wanted to experience God. In a different way than before. He wants to touch, hear, see, smell, and taste. And then this sixth sense that I have added. Spiritually.

So, imagine that you you are rising on the wings of dawn. Can you feel that breeze running through your hair? Can you see the pretty sun rise? Imagine settling on the far side of the sea. Can't you smell the salty air? Can't you hear the waves rolling? Imagine God's hand guiding you. Are you spiritually aware of that? Imagine God's right hand holding us fast.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment