Monday, December 12, 2011

Memorial Box Monday: Faith for a Friend




This is a story of faith and friendship, which only God can do



In 2007 we moved back to a little town in the south, where only almighty God would lead us back to. I remeber being lonley, and girl of 8, just moved into a big house which seemed empty. Preparing to go to a new school (we did not homeschool at the time). I was looking out a window in the dining room, watching the big yellow school drop off a girl about my age. A gleam of hope was in my heart. Maybe a friend...


For the next week I would rush to my bed room window to see the girl get off and walk home. One day I was doing just this when my Dad whispered behind me, "Why don't you go talk to her." I was lonley for a friend, as I had left mine behind, and sweet friends they still are. (I was just texting with one today)! How many days had it been since I had seen them? It seemed like years, when it was not yet a month.


So the first day of school came. I was starting in the middle of the year. So nautraly I would be nervous to start a new school, but even more so in the middle of the year. A couple days before I had met the school couseler, and my teacher, Mrs.Barker. One of our life long friends taught in teh same grade at the school, so it was comforting to have her near.


After lunch we drove to the school, Mrs.Barker led me down the hall to the music room, where the class was just finishing up. The class walked out of the room in a single file line, and one of the boys said, "hey is this the new girl you were telling us about?" I blushed and walked behind Mrs.Barker back to the class room. I got on pretty well.


Allot of nights I would cry for a friend. Mom and Dad would comfort me. I got to know my neighbor, and the other neighbor boy who I considered annoying at the time (sorry Sam). Now he is a very good friend.


The neighbor girl, well I'm just tell the short story. She hurt me very badly for breaking the forming friendship, and teasing, and other things I am not going to share. She was not the friend God intended for me. I have forgiven her, though it was very hard.


About a year later, after starting to homeschool after a not so good first few months in the third grade. I was still crying for a friend. Mom whispered, "pray." Dad whispered, "pray." God whispered, "pray."


So I started praying, and sure enough, two very dear friends, yes TWO, not one but TWO very, very dear friends came along. And our friendship is still strong today. They are christian girls, sisters. Hannah and Grace. My Mom invited the girls and there family to lunch one day and it went from there! I had faith that God would bring me friends. I had too, or I wouldn't of meant my prayers. My Mom and Dad had faith, and God was FAITHFUL!!!


Love you two! And all you:

Emily, Ellie, Sam, The Pauls, The Tuckers, and more...


We had Faith, and God was FAITHFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment