Sunday, September 25, 2011

I'm so sorry I didn't get to post a verse yesterday so I will fall back on the one I did when I first announced what I was doing in September for my blog. Here it is.
"Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."
2 Corinthians 3:17
Now for today's post.
I posted 6 verses this week (plus the one above). The first one: "I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint."
Jeremiah 31:25
Okay, stop right there. He will refresh us when we are weary, and satisfy us when we are faint. This might be you. "You mean that God refreshes me when I am weary? He will satisfy me when I feel faint?" Yep! Isn't our God awesome? Now number 2:
"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."
Hebrews 11:6
Wow guys, this is a deep verse, but an easy one to figure out. We have to have faith to please God. We have to believe and earnestly seek him. Really think about that. To earnestly seek some one or some thing, we really want it. We are desperate for it. Earnestly seek him. Number three:
"After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper."
1 Kings 19:12
God was not in the earthquake, not in the fire, but in the gentle whisper. That is just so peaceful, and amazing to me. Number 4:
"Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers righteousness on you."
Hosea 10:12
Wow, this verse amazes me. What does it do for you? It is full of instruction, and answers. Moving on to number 5:
"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and the Lamb."
Revelation 22:1
A river of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God, and the Lamb. Picture that in your mind. Isn't that a beautiful picture? A picture full of hope and love. I can't wait to see it. Now moving on to number 6:
"On the last and greatest day of the feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever belives in me, as the scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
John 7:37
Thank you Lord that we can come to you and drink, thank you that if we belive in you streams of living water will flow from within us.
This verse speaks peace to me.
I will give you a verse for the start of this week.
"But he said to me, My grace is made sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weanesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weakness, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Be Blessed. Oh yes! Almost forgot. Number 7. (you can look at the very top for the verse or look it up in your bible.)2 Corinthians 3:17 Freedom in the Lord! Sweet freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment