Saturday, December 15, 2012

Letters To Jesus

   When I was 6 or 7 years old I used to write Jesus letters all the time. I had this "secret cupboard" that NO ONE was allowed to look in. I would write "Jesus I love you," and put it in my secret cupboard. Then I would shut my eyes tight and pray for an angel to come and take the letter and give it to Jesus...

   That was about 6 years ago. Though an angel never physical took it out of my secret cupboard and gave it to Jesus, I know Jesus read every word of my letter. A couple of weeks ago, I wrote a letter to Jesus. I hadn't done it in a long time. I literally sat down with paper and a pen and wrote a letter to Jesus. It felt sooooo good. Instead of asking for God to send an angel to come and take away the letter and give it to Jesus, I just gave my letter to Jesus in my heart. And I know he read ever word of that letter.

   Though this may seem strange, it helps a lot. There are different ways to pray to God. Usually I pray to him in my heart, or out loud. But this praying to him; writing him a letter, helps in so many ways. I encourage you to do it. Sit down a quiet spot, get a piece of paper and a pen, and just write. Then give your letter to Jesus. He reads every word, and I promise, he will answer.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Katy, you are being used in mighty ways!! Thank you for inspiring me to pen my own Jesus letter!

    ReplyDelete