Saturday, August 20, 2011

Praising Him

You know those posts I did about the posts I was going to do this August? Well I told Liliana's story instead. I just feel like praising God's name. I am still planning those posts BUT I think right now it is most important to praise the Lord. Will you join me? This post is about praising the Lord.

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to you be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness."
Psalm 155:1

"Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love towards us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord."
Psalm 117 1-2

"Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing glory of his name; make his praise glorious! Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you. All earth bows down to you; they sing praise to your name." Come and see what God has done, how awesome his works in man's behalf! He turned the sea into dry land, they passed through the waters on foot come, let us rejoice in him. He rules forever by his power, his eyes watch the nations let not the rebellious rise up against him. Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praises be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, O God, tested us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance. I will come to your temple with burnt offerings and fulfill my vows to you vows my lips promised and my mouth spoke when I was in trouble. I will sacrifice fat animals to you and an offering of rams; I will offer bulls and goats. Come and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what he has done for me. I cried out to him with my mouth; his praise was on my tongue. If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened; but God has surely listened and heard my voice in prayer. Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!"
Psalm 66:1-20

Do these three verses tell you any thing?
How great is our God! I will sing and dance before him! He has healed me. He gives me hope! He gives every one his love. He is worthy of our praise. Are we really praising him enough? Are we just sitting here and doing nothing to thank him while he is painting miracles before us? Are we praising him in till we get tired or are we still praising him even when we grow weary? Can we just dance a little longer for him? Can we just jump a little longer? Can we just sing one more verse of a song for him? Can we hold up our arms as long as moses did on the mountain? Can we just strengthen our self a little longer to praise him. Or do we stand embarrassed and do not praise him like he should be praised. When we grow weary do we stop or try to jump a little longer? Do we grow weary and stop or give a little more? Can we give a few more minuets of praise to the God who lives. Can we give another hour to the God who saves? I think we can. We CAN jump a little longer. We CAN sing a little longer. We CAN dance on more hour when we grow weary. We can do it for our GREAT, AWESOME, MIGHTY, SAVING, LOVING, FORGIVING, MIRACLE WORKING, GOD. We CAN dance one more hour for him. We WILL give him the praise he deserves. WE WILL PRAISE OUR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment